BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.

I am some what new as an entertainment promoter and I need

I am some what new as an entertainment promoter and I need a lawyers advice about the following....... I have a entertainment venue in mind that I can promote in several gentlemen clubs in Tx. , but I want to film the live event , not sure if I can. Can I film in this type of club legally and what types of release forms / contracts do I need?

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. Yes, you can film gentlemen clubs, but you will need to get their express consent first.

BizAttorney :

They will likely want a share in whatever profit you make from this promotion.

BizAttorney :

If all of the entertainers are employees of the club in Texas, then you won't need any additional waivers. However, if they are not employees, then you will need each of the entertainers' signatures and releases.

BizAttorney :

The release will state that you will be using their image for your profit and they must consent to it.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX helps me in going foward with this. Now I need to hire an lawyer to help me write my idea up in a business proposal to present to the clubs. Can you tell me what is the cost?

BizAttorney :

You are welcome! It will depend on the attorney. You should talk to a few local attorneys and get their hourly rates. It will depend on how long it will take the attorney to draft the contracts. I would estimate that you will spend between $1,500-$5,000 at the most.