BartEsq
BartEsq, Researcher
Experience:  Juris Doctor
64232130

To Bart: I went to the Illinois website you referenced and

To Bart: I went to the Illinois website you referenced and did not get any hit the company Changzhou AL-RO/AIM Electronic &Technology Inc.
Expert:  BartEsq replied 1 year ago.

BartEsq :

This is the link to the company's profile registered with the secratary of state.

BartEsq :

Please confirm you can see it.

Customer:

What was the name of the company you put in?

BartEsq :

AL-RO/AIM

BartEsq :

This is the name they are registered under in IL.

Customer:

That's another company.

Customer:

The company name isXXXXX Electronic & Technology Inc.

BartEsq :

This is the compnay you gave me website. They are registered in IL under AL-RO/AIM.

BartEsq :

The chinese company is registered in IL under a different corporation.

Customer:

How do you determine that they are registered under a different corporation and not a different corporation?

Customer:

I am trying to get effect service and am begin told they are two different companies.

BartEsq :

They are. The chinese company does business in the US under a different company. The one that is registere with IL.

BartEsq :

Sounds like someone is giving you the run around to avoid service of process.

Customer:

Correct.

BartEsq :

Ok, tell me what happened. Why do you want to sue the chinese company.

BartEsq :

?

Customer:

So, if I serve Rose Ann Ditzig as registered agent for Changzhou Al-RO could she say no I am the registered agent for AL-RO/Aim Inc., a different company?

Customer:

The Chinese company is appears is the one that has the tools my company needs back.

BartEsq :

You are dealing with two different business enitities. The chinese based company and the IL based company.

Customer:

We could get a judgment against the US company and they would not have what we are seeking.

BartEsq :

Yes, you go after the US company.

Customer:

Yes, two different entities.

Customer:

We are.

BartEsq :

DOnt believe a word they say. They are both on the same website.

BartEsq :

Sue them. Let them try to explian to a judge that they are not the same business.

BartEsq :

This is a scam to try an avaoid liability.

Customer:

I get that, but is there anyone to serve in the US for the Chinese co.

BartEsq :

You dont need permission to sue them form the registered agent.

Customer:

?

BartEsq :

The business in IL is the US version of the company.

Customer:

And the evidence is what now, both names are XXXXX XXXXX same website. Is there anything else you see?

BartEsq :

In order for the chinese company to do business here, they have to register in a state. They created another entity. The new entity is jsut as liable becasue the chinese company is doing business under both names.

Customer:

Ok. so maybe Changzhou ....d/b/a Al-RO.Aim Inc? And serve Rose Ann under that caption?

BartEsq :

Sue both.

BartEsq :

Send the service of process to the US based company.

Customer:

Done. It's effective service I'm after.

BartEsq :

Doesnt take much to ad another defendant.

BartEsq :

Yeah, so serve the US company for both entities.

Customer:

I think I'll amend the lawsuit, serve the chinese co through the registered agent, and serve as d/b/a AL-RO/Aim Inc, and serve Al-R0/Aim, Inc. But, you're sure the Chinese co has to registered in US to do business here?

BartEsq :

Yes. I garuntee that is the purpose of the IL company.

BartEsq :

Take a screen shot of the webpage. Same business. Two different entities. A US based and Chinese based compnay operating under the same name.

Customer:

Good idea.

BartEsq :

I like to call this the corporate shuffle.

BartEsq :

Gets a little confusing to lay persons. But a judge aint going to buy it.

BartEsq :

That is...doing business as ALRO-AIM.

BartEsq :

Sue both entities. Serve the US based company. For all intents and purpoes, they are the same company. They have to prove they are not. And the website is pretty self evident. They are both doing business under the same name.

BartEsq :

You may even want to file a complaint with the secretary of state. They are suppose to register a DBA with the secratary of state...that is, doing business as.

BartEsq :

A screenshot of the homepage of the site proves it.

BartEsq :

Furthermore, the domain name is XXXXX XXXXX the US based entity.

BartEsq :

Registrant:Make this info private
Al-Ro/Aim
31632 N. Ellis Drive
Suite 209
Volo, IL 60073
US
BartEsq :

Any other concerns you would like to address?

Customer:

I am not a lay person. But, this may be good information I can use.

Customer:

We have already sued and use the above address. We got an affidavit from the person we thought we served saying that wasn't him. The case has not been removed to federal court. They are several twists and turns already. I may seek your insight again. Thank you.

Customer:

Sorry, the case HAS been removed to fed crt.

BartEsq :

No problem. Let me know if you need anything else.

BartEsq, Researcher
Experience: Juris Doctor