BartEsq
BartEsq, Researcher
Experience:  Juris Doctor
64232130

How do you serve a lawsuit on a Chinese based company from

How do you serve a lawsuit on a Chinese based company from the States?
Expert:  BartEsq replied 1 year ago.

BartEsq :

Welcome! Thank you for using JustAnswer.

BartEsq :

My name isXXXXX going to try and help.

BartEsq :

What state is the company doing business in?

BartEsq :

What is the name of the company?

Customer:

The company is doing business in the state of Illinois and in Iowa. The name of the company is Changzhou Al-RO/AIM Electronic & Techology Inc.

BartEsq :

Give me just a minute to look up a few things.

BartEsq :

Ok.

BartEsq :

This compnay is not registered to do business in Iowa. They are registered in Illinois.

BartEsq :

This is the business registration information with the Illinois secretary of state.

BartEsq :

Does the business ahve a physical presence in the state of Iowa?

BartEsq :

have*

Customer:

This will tell me to where to send the lawsuit. The business does not have a physical presence in Iowa to my knowledge.

BartEsq :

Ill get to that. Just need to explain a few things first.

Customer:

Sorry, my first sentence preceeding was a question.

BartEsq :

Since this company does not have a physical presence in the state, it may be difficult to get them to show up in the state. You should send service of process to the registered agent. Most state have something called a long arm statute. Basically, even though the company does not have a physical presence in the state, and since they are not registered in the state, the long arm statue will still allow you to sue them in Iowa since they were doing business in your state. If they dont show up, you win by default.

BartEsq :

You are also free to sue them in Illinois.

BartEsq :

Either way, you send notice of the law suit to the registered agent.

Customer:

Can I serve them in Illinois with the Iowa lawsuit then?

BartEsq :

Yes.

BartEsq :

On the link I sent you, their registered agent is named ROSE ANNE M DITZIG....the registered agent is the person that recieves process for law suits.

Customer:

And that website will give me the registered agent?

BartEsq :

Yes.

Customer:

Got it I think. Thank you very much.

BartEsq :

No problem. Any other concerns you would like to address?

Customer:

Is that website up to date? And does it include an address for the registered agent?

BartEsq :

Yes.

Customer:

Then I think I what to do next. Thank you, again!

BartEsq :

No problem.

BartEsq :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Let me know if you have any questions. If I can provide you with any additional service, please don't hesitate to ask. Please remember to rate my service so I can get credit for my work. Bonus is not mandatory but much appreciated. Thank You.

You can request me directly by putting “To Bart” at the beginning of your question or clicking on my profile link here: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-bartesq/

Customer:

Will do.

BartEsq, Researcher
Experience: Juris Doctor