LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
6761470

What are the laws pertaining to Private Property Entrance in

What are the laws pertaining to Private Property Entrance in Broward county.  I would liket to know if anyone (law enforcement, condo association staff, state employees, etc, have freely access to my property at any time or do they need to give me a notice first.  Please explain.

Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.

Hello Patricia,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.

Sure sorry for your circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you.

Accordingly, please know it brings me no joy whatsoever to share the following news with you. I would love to say otherwise, but that just isn't the case. Yes, certain folks do have access under certain conditions, pursuant to the following three classifications: (1) invitees, those folks you ask to come onto your property, such as dinner guests; (2) licensees, people whom you didn't invite onto your property and may wish weren't there for whom the law does give such a right, including law enforcement, utility meter readers, housing association employees, surveyors and inspectors; and (3) trespassers, those whom you didn't invite and for whom the law doesn't provide any protection, such as burglars, robbers, graffiti sprayers and stalkers.

I have spoken speak candidly rather than doing you the disservice of lying or misleading you. I didn't enact the law, and personally I often disagree with it, but nevertheless we're all stuck with it.

I am sorry.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for an excellent reply, only one quick question, if no one is home do all parties specify on your email have the right to enter my property? Thanks for your valuable input. Best regards, Patricia

Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Patricia,
Thanks for writing back..great to hear from you!
You are most welcome..my pleasure entirely!
It makes my day to know that my answers have been helpful to you. Thanks so much for the kindness of taking the time to write back and let me know.
Logical question, and glad to answer it. Yes, the same principles apply whether or not you're home. In other words, the first two categories (invitees -- which wouldn't generally even be an issue since you would be asking them to come by, say perhaps someone to watch a pet or mow the lawn -- and licensees -- say a city employee reading the water meter) are both allowed to enter onto your property. The third category, trespassers, never are, whether or not you're home. Now, this certainly doesn't mean there are no parameters. Just for an example, a meter reader needs to simply take their reading and leave...the law certainly doesn't say they are free to sit on your lawn furniture or harm your yard or anything along such lines. Likewise, law enforcement must have either a search warrant or a valid exception to enter your home. Those are probably extreme examples, but the botXXXXX XXXXXne is generally it doesn't matter if you're home or not when we're speaking of these three categories.
Kind regards,
Ben, J.D.
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience: Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.
Expert:  LawHelpNow replied 1 year ago.
Hello Patricia,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Thanks!

Ben, J.D.