xavierjd
xavierjd, Attorney
Experience:  20+ yrs in criminal, landlord/tenant, family, & small claims

can i use the media and government agencies for leverage to

Customer Question

can i use the media and government agencies for leverage to get a store to
purchase products and clean up there act in my community.
Expert:  xavierjd replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com It will be my pleasure to assist you today.

What is it that you want the store to do?

What do you mean by "clean up their act?"

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i tested beef from a poor neighborhood compared to a wealthy

neighborhood and found extreemly higher bacteria/plate counts

i want to approach these stores with this info and tell them if they

don't stop this and participate in the poor neighborhood more i will

tell the health department and news media,etc (such as purchase

from small vendors in poor neighborhoods.

Expert:  xavierjd replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. I was finishing assisting another customer.

I want to look up a couple of things for you and I will be back with an answer for you asap. It may take several minutes.

Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i mean in other words stop selling bad bacteria written meats,

participate moore in poor nieghborhoods such as supporting

small business in the neighborhood there stores in.

Expert:  xavierjd replied 1 year ago.

You can certainly use the media and governmental agencies to bring attention to the problems that you have found.

You may wish to contact the investigative reporters in your local newspapers and ask to meet with him/her to discuss the information that you have found. The investigative reporter may do their own research. If they find your concerns are such that immediate action is necessary, the reporter may do a story on the sale of lower quality meats with high bacteria levels in poor areas.

You may also wish to contact the investigative reporters at your local television news stations. You may wish to ask to meet with them and give them your information. Again, they may do their own research. If immediate action is necessary, they may do a story on the news.

In either case (the newspaper or television) the store(s) may become "embarrassed" for selling bad meat, AND the stories may get the governmental agencies involved--especially your Health Department and the FDA.

You may also wish to contact the Health Department and the

Below are the links to those governmental agencies--FoodSafety.gov and the Georgia Department of Health in your community.

http://www.foodsafety.gov/report/problem/index.html

http://health.state.ga.us/pdfs/environmental/Misc/ContactInformation.pdf

Sometimes, it takes a VOICE like yours to get the agencies involved who make the decisions and control the regulations. Your SINGLE VOICE can make a difference! Complaining to the individual store usually falls upon deaf ears. And, if the store is a chain store, it CANNOT discriminate against poor communities with their meat sales.

You should use the governmental agencies and media. You don't want to get caught saying or publishing anything that may get you sued for defamation! While truth is an absolute defense to defamation, it won't help you if your EXACT words are defamatory!

I hope you find this information useful.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it as "excellent" or in another positive manner. That is the only way that I can get credit for answering the question.

Thank you for your business!

XavierJD

Sometimes, it takes a VOICE like yours to get the agencies involved who make the decisions and control the regulations. Your SINGLE VOICE can make a difference! Complaining to the individual store usually falls upon deaf ears.
xavierjd, Attorney
Experience: 20+ yrs in criminal, landlord/tenant, family, & small claims
Expert:  xavierjd replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you so much for the "good service" rating! It is greatly appreciated and I am glad that you found the information useful.

If you have future questions, you can specifically request me by name as the expert.

Thanks again,

xavierjd