LADYLAWYER
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts

Yes, thank you for answering. I have a situation and I know

Customer Question

Yes, thank you for answering. I have a situation and I know I needed help. I can't tell you anything specific. How can I proceed according to the law.
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 1 year ago.

LADYLAWYER : Hello, Thanks for choosing Justanswer.com! I look forward to helping you with legal information today. Please give me a moment to review you.
LADYLAWYER : If you cannot tell me anything specific about your legal situation, I am not able to tell you how to proceed under the law.
LADYLAWYER : if you can give me some generalizations here or some hypotheticals, I may be able to help.,
JACUSTOMER-5m9cujuy- :

What are my chances of even getting this issue discussed by the community leaders? I know my safety is at risk. People enter my apartment even when I'm asleep and I have no recollection nor do I know what was done to me.

JACUSTOMER-5m9cujuy- :

LADYLAWYER :

Thank you. Are you in some type of assisted living facility where people come in to help or are you in a private residence where no one should be coming in your apartment at all?

Customer:

A public place.

Customer:

A apartment with locks.

Customer:

Yes.

Customer:

Unless allowed to come in.

LADYLAWYER : Thank you. Have you filed a police report or set up security cameras? Have you ever caught anyone in the act?
Customer:

no

Customer:

Staying up is not very helpful. Yes, I know. Police report may not be helpful.

Customer:

Without proper evidence.

Customer:

I will do more.

Customer:

Having someone listen and give feedback is very helpful.

Customer:

Have cases like this a lot?

Customer:

Is it okay to ask how other women deal with it?

Customer:

How do you get a hold of a local attorney?

LADYLAWYER : Hi, so sorry for the delay. There is a bug with the live chat and I can't see your responses so I had to reboot.
LADYLAWYER : I don't get a lot of cases like this unless someone is not in a private apartment or home. Or, if they are, it is usually a family member or members that are coming in and bothering them and maybe even stealing things.
LADYLAWYER : I don't think the Council may be the avenue to pursue here. They may consider the matter "domestic" and not within their realm of being able to do anything.
LADYLAWYER : A security camera in the home and /or bedroom, or even a hidden camera may let you get some evidence and see who is disturbing you.
LADYLAWYER : If you are able to get some evidence, then you can file a police report (so you can press criminal charges) and/or you can hire a local attorney to assist you with a civil claim.
LADYLAWYER : You may search for civil litigators in your area by using this site and entering your information: www.martindale.com.
LADYLAWYER : Please let me know if you have any further questions about this--I am happy to answer them! If not, would you kindly leave a positive rating for me at this time? It costs you nothing further to do but it is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. Thank you!
Customer:

thank you. I am able to think through while you ask questions. Thank you. Yes, I will work and I will let you know.

Customer:

and yes you will get a perfect score from me.

Customer:

Are we finished? I do have access to this Q and A right? I need to review it again it will help me. Again I thank you so much.

LADYLAWYER : Yes, you do have access any time to this thread.
LADYLAWYER : and please, if you think of any more questions, you can come back and ask them on this thread of me. There will be no further charge.
LADYLAWYER : just sign back onto the site, click on the "my questions" link, click on this question and leave your follow up questions.
LADYLAWYER : i may not be online right then, but I will get back to you within 24 hours.
Customer:

I wish I could do more for you.You help me in so many ways. Maybe, someday I can do the same for you.

LADYLAWYER : It has been my utmost pleasure to help you this evening.
LADYLAWYER : I am so glad.
Customer:

Bye..

LADYLAWYER : i have enabled the rating system now. Thank you!
LADYLAWYER, Lawyer
Experience: Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts