Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.
10805288

Im looking for someone familiar with Louisiana Law

I'm looking for someone familiar with Louisiana Law
I am familiar with Louisiana legal practice.
What is your legal question, please?
Thanks!
Ben, J.D.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The exceptor or mover must serve the supporting memorandum so that it is received by opposing counsel 15 days before the hearing or on the same day that the trial judge receives it

,

whichever is later. A party opposing the exception or motion must serve the opposition memorandum so that it is received by opposing counsel at least eight calendar days before the hearing or on the same day that the trial judge receives it, whichever is later

I've missed the 8 day filing period what can I do
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The motion for summary judgment and supporting affidavits shall be served at least fifteen days before the time specified for the hearing. For good cause, the court shall give the adverse party additional time to file a response, including opposing affidavits or depositions. The adverse party may serve opposing affidavits, and if such opposing affidavits are served, the opposing affidavits and any memorandum in support thereof shall be served pursuant to Article 1313 at least eight days prior to the date of the hearing unless the Rules for Louisiana District Courts provide to the contrary.

I missed the 8 day response period

Hello again,

Thanks for writing back. Good to hear from you!
I apologize for the delay, as I was unable to see your reply for a while.

I have opted out (without charge) and opened your question.

No action is required on your part until you hear from a Legal Expert.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Kind regards,

Ben, J.D.
Hi, thanks for your inquiry! I have been practicing law for 17+ years and have specific experience with issues similar to yours. That being said...

I notice you posted two proposed rules, can tell me which one you are seeking to adhere to (or find a way to be excepted from)? Also, please provide the Rule #s. Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is what I need to know

How to file a motion for extension to respond to a summary judgment motion,

Is that the same thing as filing a “Motion For Extension Of Time To File Responsive Pleadings”

I would be the defendant

Hi, thank you for your response. I presumed you left to have some supper, as I eventually did as well. With regard to your new question:

This is what I need to know

How to file a motion for extension to respond to a summary judgment motion, I can't provide you a course on it, obviously, but all motions tend to take the same form. However, it may be (and ask your clerk) that you can make a 'motion' for something like this by getting permission from your adversary for the extension and then calling the clerk and asking if the due date can be adjourned based on the fact that both parties agree, and you can put it in writing, etc. Often adjournments in various courts can be handled that way.

If your adversary won't agree (which is not good form), I'd get that motion in very quickly, and include with it the copy of your responsive pleading - and if you have a good reason for being late, include it.

Good luck!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need follow up before or after RATING me. And PLEASE know that my job depends on a POSITIVE rating now and at least an 8-10 feedback rating later. Thanks! I won't forget your support.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

-------

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know and we can interact further. Otherwise, I wish you the best and ask that you Rate me now. HINT: I aim to provide only EXCELLENT SERVICE and ask that you click a rating on the RIGHT side of the choices OR, follow up with me if you need more follow up or clarification. AND, WHEN YOU DO RATE ME POSITIVELY, PLEASE SEND ME A REPLY LETTING ME KNOW YOU ARE DOING SO, SO WE CAN ENSURE IT GETS RECORDED. THANKS!

You can ask for me directly in the future by starting your post with "To Alexia Esq." Or bookmark this page, and go to: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-AlexiaEsq/

Repeat reminder: Due to rules of our states, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information in order that you may have a starting point for helping yourself and presenting your issue to your lawyer if need be. I am an Attorney in the U.S. but I am not your attorney.

I would be the defendant

Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.