JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

You help me last year. I have a new question. I am on 100%

You help me last year. I have a new question. I am on 100% SSD with Medicare. Does that mean I cannot do any kind of work, or volunteer work even if it's medically beneficial?
Welcome and thank you for your question!

Thank you for returning to JustAnswer. Persons who receive SSD can still volunteer with organizations and perform limited work. There are no issues at all if you earn less than $720 per month from part-time work while earning SSD.

If you wish to work more than that, without losing your SSD, contact your local SS office to enroll in a trial work review. If things work out well for you during 9 months of that review, they may subject you to a medical re-evaluation and then re-assess whether or not you should continue to receive benefits.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

~~ J.B.