Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I collected disability from Prudential who is the underwriter

Customer Question

I collected disability from Prudential who is the underwriter of AICPA.
According the policy there are 2 rules:
1. The policy will expire when I am 70 years old, but payment of benefits stopped when I became 65. Until then I was not allowed to work or earned any money.
2. When I requested to renew the benefit payment for another 5 years the Insurance company explained that I have to do two things:
First I have to work for at least 20 hours a week for 6 months and only then I can apply.
Second, even worse I have to show that I have at least 2 new disabilities in order to qualify.
Does it make sense? Is it legal?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

take your time

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi Zev,

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy