Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Customer Question

My wife was just dismissed from her second job in 2 months after being hired, the reason being that a case was brought against her for theft in an old job (retail manager) which was summarily dismissed by the police as being not worthy of charges.

Since that case was dismissed however, my wife has received 2 jobs due to her extensive resume, only to have the companies fire her upon discovering (from underling staff rumors) about her other termination and case, which again, was dismissed and unproven.

Is there anything she can do legally to stop this? Can we sue anyone for what's been almost a year of pain and suffering? It's a reputation thing, granted, but it is wholly undeserving, and it's keeping her from maintaining employment and providing for her family, based on being wrongfully let go from a company who initially dismissed her using baseless and unfounded charges to paint her as a thief. Now, even after the subsequent investigation proved the allegation wholly untrue, she is being persecuted for a black mark on her career that doesn't even exist. We're desperate at this point. Please help.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Singapore, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Fran,

Sorry, I assumed this was an international site, I have requested a refund already and I'm sorry to have wasted your time. :( We have since retained a local attorney who is on the matter.

Thanks again for trying, you can close this page if need be and send it through as reason for the refund.