LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Experience:  Relax. Let's work together. Practical solutions.

I am a nurse, I monitor respiratoy patients in their homes.

I am a nurse, I monitor respiratoy patients in their homes. These people are on ventilators and some are totally dependant upon these machines. The legal quetion I have is this--- When I work hard to keep these patients alive and safe, people who are unscrupulous in my work area talk and say things against me stating that I am doing things without a doctor's order. I do not do these things and I am inquiring whether I can do something about it. Is there something I can do?

Hello Gary,
My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney and registered nurse. Glad to try and help out.
Sure sorry for the circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you. I commend you for being conscientious and taking your duties seriously. It's a pleasure to hear from a fellow nurse.
Accordingly, I'm pleased to share some good news with you, as follows. There are three things you can do. First, you could file an unprofessional conduct complaint with the nursing board. Secondly, you could file a hostile workplace charge with the federal government. Thirdly, you could confer with a local litigation attorney to explore filing a defamation of character lawsuit against the liable parties.
If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.
I truly hope all works out for you.
Take care,
Ben, J.D.