Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.

Hello, Thankyou for taking my question. I have recently joined

Hello, Thankyou for taking my question. I have recently joined evolve fitness gym which is going well. I also signed up for a training session for 1x a week for a year (totally $120.00) per month. Unfortunately my trainer has left the gym and I don't feel comfortable seeing the remaining trainers. They will not let me cancel or pay a cancellation fee to discontinue this service for 1 year. What should I do?

Sincerely Dianne

A couple of questions:

1. When you signed up for the training session was there an understanding that you would be working with this particular trainer that left?

2. Have you paid the entire amount for the training session, or just paid on a monthly basis?

3. Does your contract with the gym itself mention anything about these training sessions or them guaranteeing working with particular trainers?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Thomas, Thankyou for answering my question. I pay $120.00 per month billed to my credit card. I donot think it saids anything about changing trainers and yes I was under the impression that I would be working out with Brian that is why I joined with him.I liked his style and expertise.

You should review the gym contract and see if it mentions anything about changing trainers. Otherwise, since you are paying on a monthly basis for the training sessions, I would simply stop paying the $120 monthly fee, and express to the gym that it was your understanding that you would only be training with Brian, and that there was no agreement to train with any of their other trainers, and thus, you are no obligated to pay the $120 per month for training sessions.