xavierjd
xavierjd, Attorney
Experience:  20+ yrs in criminal, landlord/tenant, family, & small claims
14261217

Divorce question for Washington state....Rather lengthy story,

Divorce question for Washington state....Rather lengthy story, but need to know what resources are available to me and my kids for a low-cost divorce. Soon to be ex is prior military, amputee with honorable discharge. I am working two jobs to support our family and need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance.

xavierjd :

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com It will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Hi Mary,

Are you asking about low cost attorneys? What exactly are you looking for?

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Low cost attorneys and what my rights and/or resources are as military spouse, if any, here in the state of Washington. Am working two jobs right now to support my family, so any help would be great

Hi Mary,

I want to look up a few things for you. I will be back with an answer for you asap.

Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No prob, I appreciate the help

Hi Mary,

I am VERY sorry that you are having such a difficult time. Trying to be a mom, hold things together during the divorce and support the family at the same time takes a lot of STRENGTH and COURAGE.

When it comes to retired military personnel and their spouses, they encounter many issues that non-military persons do not.

Below please find a link to many resources available in Washington State for divorce, including legal aid, women's resources, etc.

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/washington/state_static

Moreover, below please find a link to understanding your rights regarding military pensions and other facts and myths.

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/new_york/military_divorce_and_pensions

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/04/09/va-disability-compensation-and-divorce-facts-and-fallacies/

I hope you find this information useful.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it as "excellent" or in another positive manner. That is the only way that I can get credit for answering the question.

Thank you for your business!

XavierJD
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the info and your kind words!.....I was just now wondering if you might now of any specialized attorneys I could talk to....pretty much after my husband was injured the military discharged him and I have been the only one (the military truly doesn't care) to try and get him help, but he doesn't want to get better, I see that now. My kids are my #1 priority and I worry that if he is awarded shared custody that they may be put in a bad situation...he makes a lot of bad parenting choices that I have tried to get him help for but he won't use the tools the trainer taught him. I'm just not sure if I need a specialized attorney or not? I know his parents will help him with legal fees, I am however on my own.....thanks again.

Sorry for the delay. I was assisting another customer.

I certainly understand that our veterans DO NOT receive the benefits that they deserve! Our military protects our freedoms on a daily basis and puts themselves in harms way without a second thought. Yet, when the military comes home, they are lost in a bureaucratic maze. That affects not only the veteran, but their families, friends, employers, etc. as well.

Experts on JustAnswer are PROHIBITED from making specific referrals to attorneys.
However, you will need an attorney who specializes in family law and who is familiar with military benefits. Remember, an attorney works for YOU! You can interview attorneys and ask if they have experience with military benefits. If you get a legal aid attorney who specializes in family law, s/he will either be familiar with military benefits or s/he must associate him/herself with another attorney who is familiar with military benefits.

Thank you for your business!

XavierJD
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for all your help, take care!

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for the "excellent service" rating! It is greatly appreciated and I am glad that you found the information useful.

If you have future questions, you can specifically request me by name as the expert.

Thanks again,

xavierjd