Peter, Thank you very, very much for the "Excellent Service" ratings and the generous Bonuses, I really do appreciate it, but what I appreciate the most is the faith you have placed in me to furnish you with Answers and information and help you to work yourself out of this maze.
1. You really should write a book about the circumstances in which you were thrown, all the things that have happened to you in your quest for justice, your witnessing the creative thinking of those who seek and succeed in filing fraudulent insurance claims and sometimes the wheels of justice are so slow that you have even seen them travel in reverse. The only thing is that you would have to sell the book as fiction because I do not think that anyone would believe this was a true story;
2. Peter, please, please send the letter I drafted for you to send to the Judge. Do not delay it. Both the Plaintiff and his lawyer are very slick. I will not believe that his lawyer does not know what is going on. But the lawyer is slick in his own right in trying to pass off thousands of dollars in an Amended Judgment as a "scrivener's error";
3. File your notice of Appeal. The Appellate Court's are very strict about adhering to the Rules of Appellate Procedure and they do not give any preferential treatment to any party simply because they are proceeding "Pro Se". You can add to the grounds for your Appeal:
4. Please do not lose your chance to speak to the insurance company. Give them enough information, without names, just to entice them, then negotiate your reward from them. I cannot stress the importance and favorable impact which exposing the Plaintiff will have on your case;
5. This will give substantial weight to your Appeal;
6. This "Newly discovered evidence" would be enough to have your request for a new trial granted.
7. But more importantly, with evidence showing fraudulent claims filed by Plaintiff, there is no Judge who would believe anything he said;
8. With this evidence of active fraud on the part of Plaintiff, his Complaint would be dismissed with prejudice in any new trial;
9. The $92,200 Judgment against you would be vacated.
10. (This should have been high on my list as Number 2 or Number 3) There are so many inconsistencies in Plaintiff's story because he has changed it so many times to fit his particular needs of the moment; Prime Example, Why would he have left a $20,000 check in the premises that you formerly occupied ?
11. How can Plaintiff claim you stole the first insurance check in the amount of $20,000 and in the same breath, state that he paid over to your company the second check in the amont of $41,000 to do repair work;
12. Contact the Florida Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service and ask for their "Pro Bono" Committee and see if you qualify for free legal representation:
Florida Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
13. More Resources for Free or Low Cost Legal Assistance:
14. More Resources for Free Legal Services:
If this Judge granted your Lawyer's Petition for Leave to Withdraw, then you would add them as additional grounds for Appeal. Based on the information I gathered from your posts, I have placed all the grounds for Appeal here, in one place. There are probably more, but these are the ones I gathered from the information you gave me.
1. Trial Court abused his discretion in granting the Petition for Leave to Withdraw filed by Defendant's Attorney on the "Eve of trial"
2. You should report the lawyer to the Attorney Disciplinary Board because he acted unethically, compromised your rights and prejudiced your case by abandoning you. This is extreme unethical behavior and contrary to the Code of Ethics. Here is the Florida Attorney Disciplinary Board:
Florida Disciplinary Board
Director of Lawyer Regulation
651 East Jefferson Street
Tallahassee, FL NNN-NN-NNNNbr/>
(NNN) NNN-NNNN (NNN) NNN-NNNN(in-state), Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
3. Trial Court abused his discretion in refusing to Defendant's request for a Continuance in order to retain counsel;
4. Trial Court erred in denying Defendant's request to admit into evidence Plaintiff's emails to Defendant;
5. Trial Court erred in entering judgment in the amount o $_________ without evidence to support such judgment
6. Trial Court erred in that the Judgment is not supported by the evidence;
7. Trial Court erred in that the Judgment is against the weight of the evidence;
8. Trial Court erred in denying Defendant's request to introduce business records into evidence as an exception to the hearsay rule;
9. Trial Court erred in not placing appropriate weight on evidence which supported Defendant's case
Peter, if I can help you in any way, or you have more questions, please do not hesitate to let me know, Okay ? I am almost always online and if I am not, it is only for a few minutes, taking a much needed break. Please feel free to address your questions to me by typing my name at the beginning of your question like this,
"For Andrea Only .......... "
And I will respond as soon as I can. JustAnswer has a "Queue" system which requires us to Answer the questions in the order in which they come in and we are locked out of questions, even when customers have requested us, until we post an Answer to questions coming in prior to them. I just wanted to let you know, so that if you see that I am online, but I have not responded to you, it is because I am unable to do so until I post Answers t to those ahead of you.