Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

A supposed process server went to my husbands work with papers

A supposed process server went to my husband's work with papers to give him a summons. He wanted to know our address, and of course HR did not give him that information. He then left his name and phone number for my husband to get in touch with him, but when we tried the phone was shut off. Somehow or another, this does not seem to me to be legitimate. And our course, my husband's corporate office is not ever going to give out any information to this person. What should we do about this issue?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Ely. Welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you wish to hear. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I reply.

I am very sorry for your husband's situation. Can you tell me the person's name and/or process server business name? Let us see if we can track this person down, first.

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
He asked for name and phone number that I can not find. And was unable to post that reply.
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

You do not have to assist a process server or cooperate with a process server. If you want to find out if the process server is legitimate, you need to know his name so that you can contact the state to determine whether or not he is actually registered as a process server.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further information.

-ZDN
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs