TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I went my doctor in December to clean earwax. He had a young

I went my doctor in December to clean earwax. He had a young assistant clean them with a very, very high pressure water spray which was extremely painful (about 30-45 seconds each). It cleaned the earwax but since then, on my left side I have had a lot of pain and a "crunching" sound when I move my jaw, which was not there before. The pain is when I eat, and also whenever I move my jaw, the crunching sound is constant, when I move my jaw. It keeps me up at night, I've had to take ibuprofen for the pain, etc. I know I need to go to a dentist or ear, nose and throat specialist to check out what's wrong, but do I have a possible lawsuit?

You have a potential claim for medical malpractice if you can show that the procedure was performed in a negligent manner and caused your current injuries. You need to first go see an ENT specialist and ask them if they can determine if this was caused by the earwax removal procedure.

Even though you have a med mal case, recovering for the same is very difficult in Texas because of tort reform legislation. This legislation has resulted in many cases like yours being excluded because people cannot find attorneys to represent them. This is because the amount of damages that may be recovered are limited.

I tell you this not to discourage you, but to prepare you for the possibility that you may need to talk to several different attorneys before you find one that is willing to represent you on a contingency fee arrangement.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please also consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question.

Best Regards,