Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Is it legal for a Illinois resident, without a real estate

Is it legal for a Illinois resident, without a real estate license, to become a licensed real estate salesperson in Wisconsin, without holding an office there? After becoming liscensed in Wisconsin, would I have to hold an office there and hold a real estate license in Illinois as well?

Can I take to real estate broker classes and exam immmediately after getting my Wisconsin real estate salesperson license as a non-resident, without a sponsoring broker or do I have to legally have a sponsoring broker to take classes and exam and apply for a non-resident real estate broker license in Wisconsin? Do I need a sponsoring broker to take the exam and apply for a real estate salesperson license in Wisconsin?

Is experience legally required as a real estate salesperson before becoming a real estate broker? Do I need to hold a Wisconsin office and Illinois license as a non-resident real estate broker in Illinois? Please answer all these questions.

Customer:

Thanks for your questions and good evening.

Customer :

hello

Customer:

Lets' go through your questions.Here are the requirements and reference.

Customer:

Is it legal for a Illinois resident, without a real estate license, to become a licensed real estate salesperson in Wisconsin, without holding an office there?

Customer:

Yes you have to complete the educational requirements, and pass the exam.

Customer:

See above requirements.

Customer :

ok.

Customer:

After becoming licensed in Wisconsin, would I have to hold an office there and hold a real estate license in Illinois as well?

Customer:

Give me a second I need to research that one.

Customer:

Illinois does have reciprocity with Wisconsin.So once licensed in Wisconsin you can get a Illinois license.

Customer:

The other way works too here you can obtain Illinois license first then there is reciprocity.So you can get one then in Wisconsin if this is easier for you.

Customer :

Do I have to be licensed in Illinois? I just want to be licensed in Wisconsin and not Illinois?

Customer:

No you do not. Here is your last question.Do I need a sponsoring broker to take the exam and apply for a real estate salesperson license in Wisconsin?\

Customer:

No you do not for a real estate license.

Customer:

The broker requirements are on the reference I gave you for Wisconsin.

Customer :

Can I take the broker classes and exam immediately after getting my salesperson license?

Customer:
Broker Applicants

Broker applicants must have satisfied the salesperson education and examination

requirements, or be licensed as a salesperson in Wisconsin. Plus, they must complete one

(1) of the following education requirements before they take the broker examination:

C

ompletion of an approved educational program from an approved provider,

a list of which appears on pages 4-5 and at http://drl.wi.gov, and is available

from the Department. Resident applicants must take seventy-two (72) hours.

Out-of-state applicants who hold a broker’s license in a state without a reciprocal

agreement with Wisconsin must take three (3) hours, and if the applicant does

not hold a Wisconsin salesperson’s license, must take thirteen (13) hours of

salesperson education requirements.

C

ompletion of twenty (20) semester-hour credits in real estate or real-estate-

related law courses at an accredited institution of higher education. Transcripts

must be submitted for Department approval before the applicant takes the

examination.

H

old a license to practice law in Wisconsin

Customer :

Customer:

You can so do once you have the initial license .

Customer:

And if you want to go to law school here and pass the bar you can be a broker.

Customer :

Do I need a sponsor to take the broker classes, exam, and apply for a license?

Customer:

I do not see that you have to have a sponsor,, here are the requirements.

Customer:

Wisconsin real estate licenses for brokers are issued by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS). Steps for receiving your license are:

1. Complete required real estate broker education.

2. Pass the broker licensing exam.

3. Submit application to the DSPS, including proof of completed education or credentials.

Eligibiliy for a Wisconsin Broker License

In addition to the steps listed above to receive your broker license, you must currently be licensed as a Wisconsin real estate salesperson, including having completed the education requirements and passed the Wisconsin salesperson exam.

You must satisfy one of the following requirements before taking the broker licensing exam:

• Show proof of successful completion of required, DSPS-approved educational instruction.

• Show proof of 20 semester-hour credits in real estate or real estate-related law courses at an accredited institution of higher education (Note: Applicants are advised to submit transcripts to the DSPS for approval of credit courses prior to applying for examination.)

• Show proof of being licensed to practice law in Wisconsin.

Customer :

Do I need to work for a sponsoring broker if a have a non-resident Wisconsin sales person license?

Customer:

I do not see that you need to do so.Here you get the Wisconsin license based on reciprocity then take the classes and apply for brokers license.

Customer :

Thank you for your help.

Customer:

You are welcome.You can use the link below here as it has all the requirements and you may want to verify with the agency.

Customer:

This is all public information and the state has to answer any other questions you have here.

Customer:

Thanks again and good luck.

Customer :

Bye.

Customer:

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.

Customer:

Bye

Customer:

Thanks for rating.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

cancel question please.

Thanks again.