TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

I drove my vehicle into a repair shop for a transmission problem.

I drove my vehicle into a repair shop for a transmission problem. The mechanic said the the High gear was bad. So he said it needed to be rebuilt. After he said he rebuilt the transmission, at a cost of $1660.00 he call and said that the engine had locked up for no apparent reason and tole me that I would have to move the vhhicle from his shop. Keeping in mind the engine was running fine when I took it there. He gave some story that the timing chain was bad. So I had to call a wrecker (Cost-$60.00) and had it taken to a ford dealership. The vehicle is a fors. They checked the timing chain and it was fine. Now they think it is the transmission. And will diagnosis it to confirm. (cost $800.00 to $2000.00). My question is, if the problems are related to the shop where I orginally took my vehicle do I have any recourse to recover my money fromthe repair shop where I took my vehicle. Keep in mind my wehicle was running when I took it in now its costing me in excess of $3000.00.

Thank you for your question.

If you find out that the reason that the vehicle is not running is the that the transmission work performed by the first repair shop was either not done properly or was simply not done at all, then you may sue that repair shop to recover the costs of repair to your vehicle, and the costs you've incurred to diagnose and tow the vehicle.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this subject. Please also consider rating my answer positively so that I am paid by the website for my work on your question.

Thanks,
ZDN