TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I live in Germany, and do not have a German drivers license

I live in Germany, and do not have a German driver's license (they would not issue me one because my driver's license is from Nevada).
I was hit while driving yesterday and neither of us stopped. I think I should go to the police, but I don't know what will happen.

Thank you for your question. Were you able to get any identifying information from the other driver, like a license plate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you,

If you have been living in Germany as a resident on a visa, and have been there longer than 6 months, you were driving illegally. If you are on a tourist visa, then you are legal.

Many US states have a reciprocity agreement with Germany, and Germany will recognize their licenses and simply issue a German driving license. Nevada is not one of those states unfortunately.

So, if you were driving illegally and you cannot identify the car that ran into you, then the only question is whether you want to risk being cited for driving without a license in order to get a police report. The police are not going to do anything for you but write the police report. And if the police report is needed for you to be able to have an insurance claim, then you have to consider how big the fine may be. The fine can actually be quite large (500 Euros plus). Further, there may be points issued against you getting your future license. The points against you may make your insurance costs increase.

Please let me know if you need further information please let me know. Please also remember to rate my answer positively so that I am compensated for my work on your question by the website.