John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.

I live in Lexington, KY. On 2/6/13, I met with a prospective

I live in Lexington, KY. On 2/6/13, I met with a prospective client who was interested in my pet care company doing house sitting visits to his home in which we would collect mail and do a cursory survey of his house once a week while he was out of town for up to 8 months. In our meeting, the client decided to do a written contract with my company for one month at a time, which I agreed to and the contract was drawn up. This contract ends the week of 3/11/13. As the business owner, I have decided not to continue doing any further business with this person after the contract ends on 3/11/13 because he has been very rude and condescending. This person is now threatening to sue me because I will not continue in a business relationship with him. Am I under any legal obligation to him after our written service contract ends?
Welcome! Thank you for your question.

So long as you have met all your terms of the current written agreement, you have no obligation to enter into a new agreement with this person.

This is not the legal basis for a lawsuit.

I cannot provide you with legal advise. I have provided you with information about the law related to your question. My answer, and any information that you find online, should not take the place of having a consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Please show your appreciation for my candid, accurate information by clicking VERY INFORMATIVE, OR the OR and positive feedback. You should only rate me if you are satisfied with the information I provided you. If you cannot rate me GREAT please do not rate. Give me a chance to make it right by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

I appreciate your question and repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with "Dear XXXXX..."

Thank you,