Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Can a bar owner charge a fixed amount of money at the door

Can a bar owner charge a fixed amount of money at the door and let customer have unlimited drinks until they close ?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
No, a bar owner can't have an "all you can drink" special. Notwithstanding it is against the law, it would be an incredibly bad idea as it would subject the bar owner to liability for overservice if someone got drunk, left, and injured someone else.
.
OHIO 4301:1-1-50 Limitations on happy hours and similar retail price reductions.
(A) No liquor permit holder and no agent or employee of a liquor permit holder shall:
(1) Offer to sell, furnish, or deliver to any person or group of persons:
(a) Two or more servings of any alcoholic beverage upon the placing of an order for an individual drink of
any alcoholic beverage;
(b) An unlimited number of servings of alcoholic beverages during any set period of time for a fixed price;
(c) Any alcoholic beverage after nine p.m. at a price less than that charged to other patrons.
(2) Encourage or permit any game or contest that involves drinking or the awarding of alcoholic beveragesas a prize.
(3) Increase the volume of alcoholic beverages contained in a serving without increasing proportionately the price charged for such serving.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.