Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am a Christian missionary living in Honduras. My wife and

Customer Question

I am a Christian missionary living in Honduras. My wife and i operated an orphanage and school which was supported by friends and churches in the United States. In 2011 a woman from Fort Worth Texas who is a U.S. citizen and her husband who is Honduras visited our ministry and said they wanted to help us and desired to live in one of our apartments. They were actually conspiring to take over our ministry. With the financial help of three or more residents of Texas they were able through proven lies, to almost destroy our ministry and take our 38 orphans for themselves. In 2011 our ministry financial support was about $69,000 but after they closed our orphanage in March of 2012 our 2012 support was reduced to about $26,000. Can these people be brought to justice in Texas?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Can you explain what part of what they did in Texas was illegal?

JD 1992 :

You couldn't sue them or have charges brought in Texas for what happened in Honduras unless they also did something in Texas.

JACUSTOMER-6ww4seyr- :

They conspired with at least two ministries and one individual in Texas to destroy our financial support. They are missionaries representing a ministry in Fort Worth.

JD 1992 :

Can you explain how they did that?

JACUSTOMER-6ww4seyr- :

In order to close our orphanage, they needed financial support from the U. S. and a place to send our children. A ministry in Honduras, with head quarters located near Fort Worth, agreed to accept our babies, while they took the older children. The other ministry located in Fort Worth and the woman's father helped finance them so they could shut us down. They, without any evidence, charged me, my wife, and ministry with child abuse which could have sent me and my wife to a Honduras Prison. My point is the woman who caused all the problems, and our loss of income was supported and financed by Texans.

JACUSTOMER-6ww4seyr- :

I understand that you must have cut off communication with me before i was finished.

JACUSTOMER-6ww4seyr- :

The offending woman sent emails to people in the U.S. filled with lies about me, my wife, and our orphanage in order to destroy it, our support, and us.

JACUSTOMER-6ww4seyr- :

I will check my email this afternoon or tomorrow.

JD 1992 :

Sorry about the delay, my internet service went down.

JD 1992 :

However, since you rated Poor Service I am opting out and will let someone else assist you.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Wendy