P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

My fiancee has my Power of Attorney. Can she sign a Plea

My fiancee has my Power of Attorney. Can she sign a Plea of Stay to file in the Magistrates Court.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry to have to bear bad news. While a power of attorney will allow the agent (the person who holds the POA) to perform many functions, they can not act as an attorney before the court (unless they are licensed by the state bar).

The court will only accept pleadings from licensed attorneys who represent clients before the court, or from parties who are granted permission to act as their own attorney (this is called "pro se")

They will not accept pleadings signed by anyone else...even if they hold a power of attorney.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Do you have any advice on helping people expedite the Aid and Attendance benifit for hom care

A&A. From the VA? If so I know it well

Tell me a bit more about where you are and what you have done?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My friend was approved for home care assistance for her husband and then was refused any money.

Can you tell me the status of the claim? That is, did your friend file this claim or did her spouse file this claim? And what is the status of the claim (was it denied? If so how long ago)?