Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I live in Arkansas City, KS. Ive been in trouble with the

I live in Arkansas City, KS. I've been in trouble with the law. Right now I'm on probation, I see my PO at least once a month... or whenever she wants. I have paid my fines in full. My question is, do I still have to have my PO's permission to leave the city or county? Thanks
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Yes, even though you are in compliance with all the requirements of your probation, it is a standard condition that the person has to notify the PO if they are going to leave the jurisdiction where their probation is located. You might be able to talk to your PO and see if you could get him to loosen up the restrictions on your probation though. The other option is to continually call the PO every time you want to leave and ask permission. After you calling several times, the PO may decide to tell you he will expand the geographic restriction to the state so you don't have to call every time you want to take a small trip.
.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.