Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Afterr 9.5 years of working at the same company [health care

Afterr 9.5 years of working at the same company [health care agency] Iwas fired after they got an F.B.I. background check. And because of charges on my record from 1962-1983. Are they allowed to do that ? They had requested I got fingerprinted and I complied. Never expecting that after 50 years those old charges would come back and bite me. Was I wrongfuly terminated ?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I am sorry to hear of this situation.

So let me be clear about this -

1 - When you first went to work there you filled out an application - Did it ask about any convictions and did you disclose them

2 Or you were never asked about that on the application

3 Now, after 9.5 years the policy is changed and they request fingerprints for background checks - and yours revealed the conviction and you got fired - is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes they asked if I had ever been convicted of a felony or sexual deviancy and I answered no.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

That is why then

If you did not tell the truth on the application and then they run the background and find out otherwise, they can fire you for being untruthful

I am sorry this has happened - it is not a wrongful termination.

I suggest you might want to consider getting those charged expunged - this might involve having to get a Pardon first but it can be done.

I think I have answered all your questions; however, if not, please let me know.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Thank You and good luck with everything

Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience: 20 years of experience practicing law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

on the job application they were only checking for the state of Washington.So my answers were correct after 9 and a half years They asked me to get finger printed and ran a background check and found these old charges from California.I again ask was I wrongfully terminated ?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi

No. That is not correct - Unless the question said specifically

Have you ever been convicted of a crime in WASHINGTON?

If the question said have you ever been convicted of a crime - then that is anywhere