How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 113424
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The results came back today from the AKC they are imposing

Customer Question

The results came back today from the AKC they are imposing a $100 fine and they are going to publish the committee findings in their monthly magazine the AKC Gazette, even though my child is a minor. They did not give him a suspension, but his reputation and our families reputation is ruined now!
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry to hear this was the outcome. You will have to file an appeal of the punishment and you are going to have to write a clear and concise response to the findings to explain what happened and how the fact that your son was provoked and was merely trying to get the other person to back off and while they may find his language harsh, the language used has become common speak for teenagers (sad but true). The written appeal is your sole remaining recourse for him. After that the matter is essentially over, because you cannot sue the other party for making false claims against him and damaging his reputation as long as AKC found some substantiation for the charges.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 years ago.
I am so very sorry to hear that this happened, but the decision of the AKC has nothing to do with our service. We did not cause what happened to your son and we could only work with the facts you provided and we had nothing to do with the decision that followed. You have an appeal right as I said above, if you have further questions please direct them to us by using reply to expert and let us know what more you would like to know.

Related Legal Questions