TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I was terminated after 10+ years of EMS after a new boss was

Customer Question

I was terminated after 10+ years of EMS after a new boss was hired, he is a short version. do I have a valid case?? I was taken off duty (pending a hearing) which I never got, because I had hurt my back 2 1/2 years prior. he made me do a Physical profile test. Aparently I didnt score high enough. Although the policy only states you have to take it. I filed a grievence report with county Sheriff officer. Which i was told to do, by an elected county official who felt what he (boss) was doing. he found out about report. officer gave him a copy of it. he later asked the county attorney for a copy and was told no. it was confidential and he could't see it. (after he already had a copy.) that same day he called me in and fired me. he tried to keep me from getting my things, told me I was allowed in (a county building) without him there to get my things. i have all documentation. It has literaly made me very sick, and ill. (very un-healthy) from the stress and grief. have plenty of Dr.'s documentation to back it up. I feel I was discrimminated against. I could do my job, without any problems. i complained about my back being sore 1 time, and he flew with it.
Expert:  TexLaw replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

I think that you probably do have a wrongful termination case on your hands. The act of your boss was retaliatory in nature for you filing the grievance report. It is not an open and shut case by any means, but you should consider talking to a local Kansas employment lawyer in your city for a closer look at the case.

If you win a wrongful termination case, you may be entitled to back pay, future pay, and/or reinstatement.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please also consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question.

Best Regards,