Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law

In my MSA, it states that any extra curriculum activity needs

Customer Question

In my MSA, it states that any extra curriculum activity needs to be mutually agreed upon. One activity out child does is dance. We both pay for it. If one of us wants to pull her out one time for whatever reason, can he? If she wants to sign up for another competition does she need both patents approval? Does it matter who weekend it falls on?
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

Since you said pull her out "one time", I assume you mean for a single event. If so, then my response would be that this would likely be considered acceptable, so long as there is a reasonable explanation. For example, if the father had some other special event he wanted to attend with the child.

As to signing up for "another competition", I would suggest that the answer depends on whether this is a separate extracurricular activity. For example, if it has separate fees, a separate organizer and is at a different location, it would seem to be a separate activity and would therefore require mutual agreement.

As to the weekend issue, it depends on the specific language in your MSA. Some MSA's permit either parent to make whatever arrangements they deem appropriate so long as it does not interfere with the other parents time. So, for example, if you wanted to put her in an even but the father did not agree, you could still do it so long as the event was only on your time.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Her dance is made up if diff things. There are her standard classes she takes. Thrn there are completions. Each entity has fees we both pay. What I'm asking is does each entity need to be mutually agreed. Whether its signing up for a class or another competition regardless of who weekend it is? Or is deciding factor just who weekend it is? In addition he has lulled her out of dance classless more than once. One was for a play his gf son in (not first time) but recently to take her shopping for a dress for an event that not happening for three weeks. Also if I asked ex to be copied on his email to one of daughters teachers te grade, can he refuse? Also, since I'm now disabled, can I have a friend take my daughter to an appt if I can't physically do it? Plus do I have right to ask ex to call me when he is in room w doctor so I can be in in discussions re out child's care?
Expert:  Joseph replied 3 years ago.

Please provide the language used in your MSA regarding extracurricular activities. Thank you.