lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

Customer Question

My daughter received received a speeding ticket in 2004. She recently received a letter from lawyers in that county that they were collecting on the ticket. $230 for the ticket and $230 for DPS failure to appear in 2009. What is the DPS failure to appear 5 years later?
Expert:  lwpat replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

DPS stands for Texas Department of Public Safety. Is that your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I know what DPS is. Doesn't everybody? My question is why the five year waiting time for appearance and is the ticket still valid10 years later when we never received any notice until now

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm waiting. My question was about the DPS appearance and the validity of a ticket almost 10 years old when she had never received a notice of it before.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have replied twice. I'm 86 years old and I'm going to bed. If you send more info I'll read my e-mail in the AM

Expert:  lwpat replied 3 years ago.
Since you have rated me as bad service when I asked you what your question was since it was not clear exactly what you were asking, please repost your question in a new thread for someone else. Thanks and no reply is necessary.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No thanks. I've already lost $20 to this mess, I'm not about to lost more of my $700 SS check. Thanks but no thanks. And it wasn't your answer so much as it was the lack of decent response time and confusion of whether you got my reply or not. Every time I wrote something the message to read the agreement and the word "AGREE" popped up and then the screen went back to the original opening screen. I think your website needs managing.

' popped up.

Expert:  lwpat replied 3 years ago.
I will relay that to customer service.