MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I am being harrassed/stalked by a woman I had an affair with,

I am being harrassed/stalked by a woman I had an affair with, what options do I have for stopping her?
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Is filing for a no contact order not an option?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, is this the same as a restraining order?

Yes, it is. Is the issue that you do not want it to be a matter of public record?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm afraid that by issuing the restraining order she will see it as a sign that I am still thinking about her and feed off of that notion and possibly escalate the situation. She obtained my home phone number through 411 and we have since changed the number. So far the stalking and harassment has been limited to phone calls and social media. She is also using my last name. She is obviously mentally unstable and I just need to know if there are other legal options besides a restraining order. Is she breaking some law by misrepresenting herself as my "wife"? I'm married, but of course, not to the stalker.

No, she is not breaking the law by using a fictious name (alias) unless she is doing so with the intent to defraud another to his/her detriment (e..g operating a ponzi scheme under a false name). You can have an attorney issue a cease and desist letter, but ultimately you would have to resolve this through the court if she does not stop contacting you of her own volition. I want to make sure I have answered your questions, if I have not answered your questions or if you have any follow up questions, please let me know. If I have answered your questions, please positively rate my answers.