lwpat, Attorney
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney

My father named a bank to represent his estate. However, the

My father named a bank to represent his estate. However, the bank has changed hands several times and I am questioning whether or not his choice would still be accepted by the probate court judge?
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

It is not uncommon for a financial institution to change hands. The successor institution would still have preference to be the personal representative of the estate unless the institution refuses to do so. Some banks will not agree to assume that responsibility. Unless they refuse, the probate judge will appoint them as the PR of the estate unless you have grounds to contest the will.