MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

my wife has a judgement or settlement at citibank and must

Customer Question

my wife has a judgement or settlement at citibank and must be settled before I can continue with hhome equity loan/ what do I do?
Expert:  MShore replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Do you or your wife have the resources to satisfy the judgment?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no way in hell

Expert:  MShore replied 3 years ago.
ok, would you have the money after the refinance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, but I am not willing to pay citicard the full amount because they were the main cause of all my financial downfall. this company to whom I was paying every month suddenly wanted payments as high as $900.00 a month and it caused chaos with my budget. If I have to pay it all I would rather not get the loan.

Expert:  MShore replied 3 years ago.
ok, have you proposed a settlement to the lender? If so, what percentage can you settle for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will go as high as 33 percent

Expert:  MShore replied 3 years ago.
ok, then you should contact the creditor to propose your settlement, but as you know, the creditor has no legal obligation to accept your settlement, and if they do not you have little recourse (assuming the debt is valid). But if the debt amount claimed is not valid, please let me know this as it would change my answer. Please let me know if this does not answer your question or if you have any follow up questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

who do I contact? does citicard have s settlement web site?

Expert:  MShore replied 3 years ago.
You should send a letter to the customer service department, here is a sample: This is the address: Citibank Customer Service
P.O. Box 6500
Sioux Falls, SD 57117