Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

When is it too late to seek another lawyer in a DUI case??

Customer Question

Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.
Hi

At what stage are you in the justice process?

Have you paid the current attorney?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes not total payment, she is trying to give me a plea agreement but I feel it's not in my best interest I have not signed anything!!
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.
Hi

I see.

Then you tell her, you do not want a plea and that you are going to hire another attorney.

Write her a letter and tell her you want a final invoice and she is to cease negotiations on your behalf immediately

Tell her to please forward a copy of her withdraw of appearance so you may seek another lawyer.

Once you do that, then you can consult with other lawyers.

If you have a trial coming up soon, you will need to get your new attorney to file a Motion to Continue

I think I have answered all your questions; however, if not, please let me know.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Thank You and good luck with everything