TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

I reported suspicions of child abuse to a school official at

I reported suspicions of child abuse to a school official at my child's private school in colorado, are my good faith reports confidential including my identity and details of the report?

Thank you for your question.

As the school is not a government entity, the school is not under any obligation to maintain confidentiality over your report to them regarding potential child abuse. This is a problem as if the school reveals your report to the alleged abuser, and there turns out not to be any proof of abuse, this could serve as a basis on which to file a defamation claim against you. You may want to approach the person to whom you made the report and ask them to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement regarding your report.