TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

my questions is my neighbor backed into my car and dented my

my questions is my neighbor backed into my car and dented my bumper but claims my tires were in the no parking zone (note: this is an apartment complex so everbody does it to offload kids, groceries, etc. etc.) but I took pictures and both my wheels are just behind the white lines before the red paint so I checked with my insurance provider and he tells me we have to pay our deductible of $1,000 bucks up front and the go after this woman to re-coup deductible plus the repisr cost - but the damage is $425.00 and she has called my insurance provider and is saying all kinds of weird thing's, etc. etc. (she is worried as she has a very bad driving record !) so should I proceed with small claims court to get my bumper fixed ?

Thank you for your question.

First of all, it does not matter that your tires were in a no parking zone. Your neighbor is responsible because she is the one who caused the damage.

Your insurance policy has a $1,000 deductible, which means that you pay for the repairs yourself if it is under $1,000.00 and then your insurance company will pay for any claims after that during the same year.

The best thing to do would be to (1) go get the car repaired and then (2) sue for the cost in small claims court.

If you cannot afford to repair the car, then you need to go ahead and sue in small claims and take a few estimates with you as proof of how much it will cost to have the car repaired.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this matter.

Best Regards,