TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

Fire and ambulance crews send me to hospital after try to catch

Fire and ambulance crews send me to hospital after try to catch breath after run. Charging over $1600 dollars on the notion of low blood sugar in a non-diabetic.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry, not sure I understand your question...do you want to know if the ambulance can change you for transport?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know the ambulance charges a fee. But they came so suddenly after I stopped that I would have to conclude that they were very close, by like they were waiting for me. Though some one did call 911. The hospital didn' t come any problems that I had. And released me telling me that sugar helps low blood sugar.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. So can you tell me, what is our question please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What type of lawyer can look into this for me. Is small claim court organized

to handle this.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Sure....but can you tell me, what is the complaint?

Are you saying that you did not want to go in the ambulance but they forced you?

If, not what is your complaint?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Once they got to me when I was kneeling, or crouched. One of the paramedics actually gives me a shot of some saline solution I believe. And they actually took me away before asking me to stand, or trying to get me to stand.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure we are communicating well...I will opt out and allow other experts to assist you
Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.

Did you tell the emergency medical technicians with the ambulance or the police that you did not need medical attention prior to them placing you in the ambulance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. I forgot the type of words they where useing, weather it was ' have to ' or ' got to '. But they didn' t give me much time to talk to them. As I mentioned earlier one of them gave me a shot of some sorts. Then after that they must have said something to me, in getting me into the ambulance bed. But I forget what it was.

Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to be straight forward with you here. Because you did not refuse treatment by making your intentions known to emergency responders, you are going to be liable for the payment of the emergency medical service. The emergency medical service providers have to provide emergency medical service when instructed to by police or doctors unless the patient clearly refuses. When a patient is in this situation, the law obligates the patient to pay for the services rendered unless the patient clearly refuses the treatment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But a shot weilding paramedic is such a default that made me think they needed paitence. As well as being part of there crew. Is small claims court still an option? Or anything else?

Expert:  TexLaw replied 1 year ago.

Small claims court is not an option. You would need to file the suit in district court/superior court and request a declaratory judgment that the medical services were not reasonable and that you are not obligated to pay for them. This would likely cost you more upfront than the medical bill is worth overall. If you had a high likelihood of success (which based on what you've told me here is not likely) I would say go for it because you can recover these costs in the end. However, based on what you've told me, I'm pretty sure you are going to have to eat this cost.

TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs