TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

If I lost in small claims court in Texas 3 years and havnt

If I lost in small claims court in Texas 3 years and havnt paid when will a judgement be placed on me? Can my bank account be garnished? My vehicle? Can I find out ahead of time?

Thanks for your question.

The judgment from the small claims court was active against you immediately when it was issued. So that means you have had this judgment on the record against you for the past three years.

A judgment is not self enforcing though. The person or business that obtained the judgment against you must act on it. That means that they must file requests with the court to garnish your bank account or seize any of your assets to satisfy the court. You do not receive notice of these ahead of time.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this matter. Please also remember to rate my answer positively as I do not recieve compensation for my work on your question until you do so.