JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

Setting is a private club in PA. For a "C" liquor liscence,

Setting is a private club in PA. For a "C" liquor liscence, all patrons must be out by 3:30 AM and all sales must stop by 3:00 AM. My question is - Are employees who are not on the clock considered patrons and must also vacate by 3:30? Are board members of the club also considered patrons and, also, must vacate by 3:30? I was told by a board member/employess (who was not on the clock and drinking all night) that he can stay since he is an employee and a board member. Can you help me?
Welcome and thank you for your question!

Under the PA Liquor Code at 47 P.S. § 1-102 "“Patron” shall mean an individual who purchases food, nonalcoholic beverages, liquor, alcohol or malt or brewed beverages for a consideration from a licensee or any person on the licensed premises except those actually engaged in an employment related activity."

In other words, if the person is not on the clock working, they are a patron under PA law.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

~~ J.B.