JoeLawyer, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney in practice since 1996

My mortgage was forclosed on in 2008. i filed for bankruptcy

My mortgage was forclosed on in 2008. i filed for bankruptcy in september of 2008, after making all the court order payment to a trustee and making my regular mortgage at the same time my bankkruptcy was discharged in june 2012. But my bank says that i still owe 8 months post partian payment.
After reviewing my payment records i found that their was discrepancy in my escrow of over a thousand dollors dating back to 2006. in looking at the trustee payment records i see that that they made the first 17 payment to Deutsche Bank (the owner of the note) while I sent the regular mortgage to
first Franklyn loan Services. Is bank of America responsible for 2006 discrepancy? What about the Post partition Payments? I have all the records showing all payments.
Frequently a good way to resolve these types of payment dispute issues is in the Bankruptcy Court. I have filed Motions to Reopen closed cases in the past to enable me to file a Motion to Deem Mortgage Current to raise the issue of whether there were any post-petition payments that were not paid.

This might be a good strategy for you. I suggest contacting your bankruptcy attorney and see if they would advise reopening the case to investigate the bank's claims that 8 post-petition mortgage payments were missed. This often gets the attention of the people at the bank who have the authority to actually resolve these issues rather than your calling 800 numbers and getting the run around from people at the bank who may or may not know what they're doing, or may not be interpreting the data they have correctly.

Your attorney really should know that the bank is now trying to say you are behind 8 payments when you have proof that all payments were made.

LEGAL NOTICE: I am only licensed to practice law in certain state(s) and I cannot give legal advice to someone who does not reside in a state in which I am licensed, nor shall anything I say in the above answer or elsewhere on this site be deemed legal advice, even to someone who resides in a state in which I am licensed. Funds I receive from are gratuities paid to me for taking the time to respond to questions, not for legal advice. This forum is designed to provide general information only, and information herein is not warranted to be correct or applicable in any way since laws may have been misinterpreted herein, since laws change from time to time, and since the impact of those laws on any particular situation varies. The information presented in this site shall not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this response are encouraged to seek independent legal counsel in their jurisdiction for guidance regarding their individual circumstances. Do not take any action or inaction based on information presented herein since it is informational and may not be accurate or applicable to you; it merely attempts to give you a basis of knowledge to help you formulate questions to ask a legal or other professional in a face-to-face meeting in your jurisdiction. JoeLawyer is an attorney but does not hold himself out to be a specialist or expert in any area, regardless of assertions made by any third party, and any implication of being an expert or specialist herein is made in error. I hope the information presented above is useful to you. Answer above is (c) JoeLawyer. All rights reserved.