TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

Pertains to Buy American Act, We are a fastener distributor.

Pertains to Buy American Act, We are a fastener distributor. We do not manufacture any of our items we sell. Would all of our fasteners be considered domestic end products? regardless where we buty them from

Thank you for your question. I need to know more information from you in order to answer.

1. Do any of the fastner's originate from manufacturers outside the United States?

2. Are any of the fastner's you sale made out of multiple parts?

3. If so, do any of those parts originate from manufactures outside the United States?

4. Is your company domiciled somewhere in the United States?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

-ZDN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1, yes

2,no

4, yes

Thank you for your response.

If the fastner was manufactured outside of the United States, then by definition it is not a Domestic End Product under the Act, which provides that:

Domestic end product” means—
(1) An unmanufactured end product mined or produced in the United States;
(2) An end product manufactured in the United States, if—
(i) The cost of its components mined, produced, or manufactured in the United States exceeds 50 percent of the cost of all its components. Components of foreign origin of the same class or kind as those that the agency determines are not mined, produced, or manufactured in sufficient and reasonably available commercial quantities of a satisfactory quality are treated as domestic. Scrap generated, collected, and prepared for processing in the United States is considered domestic; or
(ii) The end product is a COTS item.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this matter. Please also remember to rate my answer positively so that I may be compensated for my work on your question.

Best Regards,
ZDN