BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.
13790199

I am a Medicare patient. In January 2011 I went to Parkview

I am a Medicare patient. In January 2011 I went to Parkview Memorial Hospital with abdominal pains. I was given a urine screening and sent home with antibiotics for an unknown infection. After much insistence on my part, I received a shot of morphine and my father gave me a ride home. About a half a day after arriving home I awoke from the morphine with the worst stomach pains I have ever experienced. I called a taxi and returned to the emergency room. Within a few hours my appendix was removed. I am now liable for not only the surgery for my appendix but also for the ER visit in which I was misdiagnosed with "gas.". I recently read in the Fort Wayne Newspaper that Parkview is being punished by Medicare for not adequately providing emergency services to Medicare patients. Could I be entitled to some relief from these medical bills as well as for the pain and suffering I endured while being misdiagnosed?

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight. I

BizAttorney :

am sorry about your pain and misdiagnosis.

BizAttorney :

Yes, you can always bring suit against a doctor for negligence.

BizAttorney :

When did this all happen?

Customer:

January of 2011

BizAttorney :

Oh, that is bad news. The statute of limitation is two years in IN pursuant to IC 34-20-3-1. So it is too long now to go after the doctor.

Customer:

Thank you for your time

BizAttorney :

If you had brought a suit against the doctor in the past two years, then you would have been able to at least bring suit.

BizAttorney :

You are welcome, I hope you get feeling better.

BizAttorney :

At least now you know.

BizAttorney :

Please take time to give me feedback.