BizAttorney, Attorney
Experience:  Over 12 years of business and legal experience.

Amending a complaint against a land developer corp. and the

Amending a complaint against a land developer corp. and the developer controlled HOA. We realize there is an LLC owned by the developer, where the developed land is passed through. Should we add the LLC as another defendant at this time? Is there a downside to doing this? The answer has been filed, so we need a motion to amend. The amendments are important and we do not want to jeopardize them by adding this defendant right now. We have several more moths to amend. So should we add the defendant now or wait?

BizAttorney :

Good evening! I can help you out with your legal question tonight.

BizAttorney :

Yes, you should add the other defendant. You may have to pay a small fee, but there is no real downside to it. Since the answer has already been filed, you can either stipulate to allow you to add the additional party or you will have to file a Motion for Leave to amend your complaint.

BizAttorney :

I would do it now rather than wait, so you can send that party discovery.