dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues

My employer was ordered to garnish my wages in 2003 but never

My employer was ordered to garnish my wages in 2003 but never did now I'm being told I owe I owe my original debt plus 10 years of interest. What do I do?
Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

Please note that the judgment against you is good for ten years. And the fact that your employer ignored the garnishment does not give you any defense. However, if this debt is significant in the amount now owing with interest, and/or you have other debts, you should consult with a bankruptcy attorney to discuss filing. Note, this debt is dischargeable in bankruptcy in its entirely and that includes all the accrued interest.