MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I would like to sell a 3-wheeler (ATV) that I modified by putting

I would like to sell a 3-wheeler (ATV) that I modified by putting in a more powerful engine. I had to cut/weld the frame. The engine has about 2x the power of the original. Do I need to have a legal form for the buyer to sign so that I could not be sued if someone got hurt on the ATV?
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Yes, it would be as the buyer needs to affirm his/her expectations with respect to the use and capabilities of the atv. What you do not want is the buyer later suing you claiming that he/she was unaware of the power of the atv and was harmed in using it. A simple waiver and release agreement would satisfy this requirement. Please let me know if this does not answer your questions or if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess I would like a general template of a simple waiver that would meet the requirements. I assumed the $40 would cover that.

thank you for the clarification Eric, I was not aware you needed a template. When you asked would you need a legal form, I understand that to be the extent of your question, but again, thank you for clarififying your question. Here is a sample waiver and release clause:

Please let me know if this answers your questions or you have any follow up questions.
Eric, do you have any follow up questions? If I have answered your questions, please remember to rate my answers positively.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have any questions. The form sent didn't really pertain to selling. I have rated the answer "OK" but I keep getting emails that I need to do more. Please stop emailing.

Eric, thank you for the follow up, from our prior discussion when you stated that you would like a sample of a general waiver, I understood you to be seeking a general waiver and release statement that you could incorporate into your sales agreement. I was not aware that you wanted a sales agreement with a waiver and release clause in it. Do you need this now or have you incorporated the waiver into your sales agreement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's done and sold. Please no more emails. Thank you.