Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses

What can you claim in a small claims law suit when evicted

What can you claim in a small claims law suit when evicted from a warehouse and denied access to retrieve belongings?
Hello and thank you for the question. Roughly how much are your damages/losses?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

oh dear....umm, the 3 vehicles alone are roughly $10,000. All the things within the warehouse at LEAST $30,000. Loss of roughly $3000 in snow (very little snow this year), do repairs etc. , $7000, I dont even know how you would calculate the fact we had to use personal vehicles for work and having to rent moving trucks instead of using our own. I can't tell you how many times we would get a call because they saw our moving truck, or work truck with our name and number on the side and the neighbors called to hire us. So at least $50,000

Small claims court in your state caps recovery at $10,000 so here small claims court is not large enough. You would pursue it in civil court along with most state claims. Given the large amount, consider pursuing through a collections plaintiff firm working on contingency seeking the full amount of damages. The company will often settle directly or through its insurer. A good resource for pursuing it is and as excellent easy to use directories. In the lawsuit you can pursue all foreseeable and actual damages including fair market value or replacement cost of the missing properties.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So what do I do about court coming up? It is on the 20th.

You want to appear preferably with counsel and seek a court order directing the property be released. If the court will not do so, you may need to separately sue for your damages.