dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
29685164

Hi, This question is a following of my previous one regarding

Customer Question

This question is a following of my previous one regarding CA State Board of Equalization.
1. I was discharged from my Chapter 7 BK in Sept 2011, now the CA BoE is levying my wages for the tax I owed which they should have filed the claim during my BK filing (with asset of 180,000.00).
2. How many year do they have to go after me for this money after the discharge (Chapter 7)? 3 or 5 years or indefinite?
3. If I move out of CA, can they levy my wages if I say work in Texas or work as a consultant (1099) in CA?
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
The state BOE did not need to file a claim as there debt is not dischargeable. Also,note, the statute of limitations is is seven years. Likewise, if you move out of state, Texas and California have receiprocity regarding collections of debts that arise from taxes. So I am sorry but there is no escape. Your best advice is to contact the BOE and negotiate a payment arrangement. Thanks for understanding.