Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

if the federal grand jury is asking for records back to 2006

if the federal grand jury is asking for records back to 2006 which involves disabilities in a municipality such as police and fire pensions which the local newspapers reported on in sept 2006 is it with in the statutes

JD 1992 :

Within what statutes?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the federal grandjury requested disabilty records going back to jan 2006 this was exposed by newspapers in sept 2012

I understand your facts I'm just not sure what your question is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how long can federal grand jury go back to indict is jan 2006 past statutes when they found out about theft against a pension fund the feds recieved records in oct 2012 going back as far as jan 2006

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
the local newspaper just exposed questionable disabilities in our police and fire depts the they exposed it in sept 2012 the federal grand jury subpeoned the pension board records going back to jan 2006 when 1 individual went off on questionable disability can they still investigate these claims from 2006 and indicte
Please don't hit the Relist button. we are working with multiple customers and sometimes we are tied up with them for an extended period of time. If you hit the Relist button it will delay getting an answer for you because it removes it from the queue.

The statute of limitations varies according to the exact charge and most crimes can be charged in more than one way depending on the facts. However, for most federal crimes that would fit your facts it would be a a 5 year statute of limitations from the date the offense was committed. A person would have to be indicted within that 5 year time period.

However, a Grand Jury can still subpoena records back before the 5 years, they just are not supposed to indict on anything that occurred more than 5 years before.

There is an article at

which explains the crimes that have longer statutes of limitations, but none of those seem to apply based on the facts you have recited.

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread. When all of your questions have been answered, then I would ask that you give a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) since that is the only way I get credit for my work. However, please do not issue a rating of any kind until all of your questions have been answered and please use the Reply button to ask additional questions or to provide answers to my questions.