Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

A woman has threatened me directly, slandred me to my work,

A woman has threatened me directly, slandred me to my work, a friend, and now my boyfriend. I am afraid that she will attack me someday...what do I do?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
In a situation like this, you could file a request for a restraining order (RO) with the local court based on her threats against you. Depending on the severity, the judge can issue a RO immediately on an emergency basis and then set a hearing date a couple weeks off to determine if a permanent one should be issued.
.
Once the RO is in place, if the person contacted you in any way, they could be arrested and then would face criminal charges for the violation.
.
Further, if they have made negative untrue statements about you to a third party, that is slander and you could sue them for any proven damages if your reputation has been damaged due to their actions. If their actions were willful and malicious, then punitive damages can apply to prevent future similar behavior.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have some threatening emails from her, and the ones she sent my work. However, a few other things were on Facebook. Do they even care about FB?

If they are threatening, then I would print them out to supply as evidence of the threats and harassment. The more evidence tyou have the better your chances of getting a permanent restraining order entered against the person. Further, this also strengthens any civil case against them for slander, libel or defamation.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

J