Attorney Wayne
Attorney Wayne, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing law since 2000.

RA - fvh

Customer Question

I lost my cashiers check and the executor my sister refers to help me replace it I know the bank and branch i spoke with someone and they said that she has the numbers of the check issued 10/12/2012
Expert:  Attorney Wayne replied 3 years ago.

Attorney Wayne :

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system until satisfied. Instead, please click CONTINUE CONVERSATION for more info.

Hello. Thanks for contacting us.

I know what a hassle it can be to replace a lost cashier's check. But it appears you have taken the right first steps -- that is, by working with the issuing bank. The person who provided the cash (or account balance) in exchange for the cashier's check is best placed to help -- has that person stepped up? If so, one need only get the bank to stop the missing draft and reissue. There may be a fee for this, but I am sure it is much lest (in 20-50 dollar range) than the value of the lost check, yes?

Please let me know how else I can assist by typing a follow-up in the next text box.

I wish you speedy resolution in this matter.