Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

is it legal to hold a customers inventory material. We have

is it legal to hold a customers inventory material.
We have inventory we purchased (Plastic sheets) and sent manfacturing plant.
There tring to bill us for something we never agree to. They have no purchase order
And now they are going to our suppilers trying to buy raw material direct.

Can they hold our material hostage?

Sam :

Hi

Sam :

Of course, you cannot be made to pay for something you never ordered or purchased

Sam :

There would be no legal authority for someone to make you pay if you did not place the order.

Sam :

Also there is no law that would preclude anyone from going around a Middle man which means they could but direct

Customer:

What about holding my inventory? My company purchased materials and sent to this plant to be used on orders.

Sam :

Hi

Sam :

If there was a "purchase" then that would mean it was paid for and thus it would be yours

Sam :

If you paid and there is a purchase and they are not delivering then you will have to sue them

Customer:

Thanks

Sam :

If you have other questions, please post them here and I will provide you information. Otherwise, I would appreciate you taking time to rate this service "good to excellent" so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close your question. You will always be able to review it. It will only close a Chat - Thank you and good luck